Emap Secure is the health and safety standard for our live events, developed to address the risk posed by COVID-19. From 24 February 2022 the UK Government lifted restrictions, including those in place for live events. www.gov.uk/coronavirus This ‘emap Secure’ document explains emap’s approach to delivering it’s live events in a responsible and COVID-secure way post 24 February 2022. We want our attendees to be confident that we are taking precautions to ensure their safety. Equally we want our attendees to be conscious of their peers’ safety and act responsibly to reduce transmission and prevent infection. While this document is intended to be a guide for all emap live-events, it is important to note that we will adhere to any changing Government restrictions and any additional measures dictated by venues or suppliers. This flexible approach will be applied on an event-by-event basis and specific instructions will be issued to all events attendees in pre-event information.
Emap Secure measures
1. Personal hygiene - All Emap events will provide additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the event space, encouraging all participants to regularly wash and disinfect their hands.
2. Registration & Ticketing process - Emap will, where possible, make use of contactless registration. This may mean we ask delegates to collect their badge and connect their own lanyard or register during a specific time slot. We will use digital tickets at the majority of our events to ensure physical contact is limited, reducing the risk of transmission.
3. Mask Wearing Mask wearing is not mandatory but are welcomed if it is personal preference to wear one.
4. Lateral Flow Testing - Whilst it is not mandatory, we recommend a lateral flow test is taken within 48 hours prior to attending. If the test is COVID-positive and/or you feel unwell we request you do not attend the event.
5. Event venue policies We will at all times work with the venues to ensure the highest standards of safety and cleanliness and act to follow any changes in Government guidelines. In some instances, venues may dictate additional measures. If there are any specific measures in place your Event Manager will be in touch to inform you of these well in advance.
6. Travel If you are travelling from overseas to the event please check your country’s advice for guidance on travelling, as well as the latest government guidance on entering the UK here7. Communication and information management Emap will take steps to ensure attendees are informed of any changes to Government advice in pre-event communications.
Please refer to your attendance guide issued by the events team for specific guidance per-event.
If you are not sure you have received this, please contact your Event Manager.