Product Launch of the Year Awards
The Retail Industry Awards are designed to recognise and reward the fantastic achievements of the UK’s top grocery retailers. But our world-beating retailers, particularly those in the convenience sector, would not be where they are today without the unstinting efforts of their supplier partners, who are constantly investing in research and development to come up with new products, brand extensions, new variants and innovative new packaging.
New products are the lifeblood of the sector and it’s in recognition of that we now include Product Launch of the Year in the awards line-up.
Now entering their 12th year, these accolades recognise products available to the independent/convenience channel and are divided into 10 separate sub-categories vital to the impulse channel. They offer suppliers the opportunity to use the prestigious Retail Industry Awards logo, which is now widely recognised by consumers, as a mark of excellence on-pack.
Suppliers are encouraged to nominate their top launches in each category and the winners will be voted for by the real experts in their field – the retailers themselves.
There are also two other categories that suppliers can enter – Sales Team of the Year and Supplier Retailer Initiative of the Year, please see more info below.
Product Launch of the Year and Supplier entries priced at £195+ VAT
Closing date for entries for these categories is 9 June 2023.
This award is divided into 10 subcategories:
- Alcohol – including beers and ciders, ready-to-drinks, wines and spirits
- Chilled – including dairy, milk and milk drinks, yogurts and desserts, pasties and pies, meat and cheese
- Confectionery – including sugar and chocolate confectionery, mints and gums, singles and sharing bags
- Crisps and snacks – including crisps, corn snacks, rice snacks, nuts and cereal bars
- Frozen – including ice-creams, desserts, frozen pizzas , frozen fish and ready meals
- Grocery – including packaged and tinned products, biscuits, bread, cereals, soups, sauces, tea and coffee, preserves and other ambient foods
- Household – including washing-up and dish wash products, air fresheners and other cleaning products
- Soft drinks – including juices, juice-based drinks, water, carbonates, squashes and energy drinks
- Tobacco – including cigarettes, cigars, hand-rolling tobacco and accessories
- Vaping and smoking alternatives – including e-cigarettes, heated tobacco and nicotine pouches
2022 Product Launch of the Year Winners