Entry Hints & Tips
Every year we receive hundreds of entries in to the Retail Industry Awards, but some are more effective than others.
Here are a few top tips for maximising your chances of success this year:
- If you believe you’ve done something innovative, new, creative, profitable, progressive or just downright brilliant – you should enter. Other than putting in a bit of time and effort, it’s not going to cost you a penny – entries to the Retail Industry Awards are FREE.
- Read the criteria and answer the questions. The entry criteria for the category you are entering are important. Last year, several terrific entries failed to make the cut because they didn’t fit the category they were entered into, or didn’t fully fit the brief.
- When writing up your entry, remember that facts speak louder than words. Say what you have done, then back it up with figures. How did sales increase as a result of what you did? How did customer satisfaction improve? Then do the same with your next point, and so on. All the judges are sworn to confidentiality, so the more numbers, facts and objective proof you can provide to show the success of what you have been doing, the more likely you are to grab their attention.
- Put it in context. We want to know the background, the thinking behind what you did, the objectives, the process, the execution and the results.
- Tell us what you did that was new. We are looking for evidence of businesses and people that have found new and better ways of getting things done. Most of the categories at the Retail Industry Awards focus on achievements over a 12 month period. Flag up things you did over the past year that were new, and tell us about things you did that were different to what your competitors were doing. What makes you stand out from the crowd?
- Tell us about the commercial realities. What happened to sales and profits? What was the return on investment? In the individual categories, what did that person do that contributed to the success of the business, and how was it measured?
We’re sure you have some extraordinary stories to share, so we look forward to reading your entries and seeing you on the winner's podium in September.
*For full Terms & Conditions please click here